By providing us with your personal data, via visiting our website (https://www.brantano.co.uk/) (“Website”) or otherwise, you accept and consent to the processing activities relating to our personal data (including the storing and transferring of personal data) as set out in these documents.
Brantano Retail Limited (“Brantano”) specialises in quality shoes for all the family. Brantano sells goods via its website or in store.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is [Brantano Retail Limited, registered in England and Wales with company number 09988846. Our registered office address is Outersole House, 1 Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1YG.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) as a data controller.
When you shop with us, on our Website or in store, or otherwise communicate with us we may collect personal information about you. This includes where you:
- shop with us in store or online or use any of our other services;
- browse any of our websites, fill in any forms on these sites or use any of their functions;
- enter into any competitions or promotions offered by us;
- request newsletters or brochures;
- provide us with feedback, make an enquiry or a complaint or review a product;
- correspond with us via email, phone or otherwise;
- register with us online;
- fill in our customer feedback form;
- report a problem on our Website;
- participate in discussion boards or social media functions (including by visiting our social media pages via a link on our site and or interacting with our social media page (by posting reviews/ comments on our pages or “liking” or “following” our pages)) on our site;
- take part in any survey operated by us on our Website.
If you shop in store with us we may capture your personal appearance via CCTV footage.
We may also receive personal information about you from our group companies and other third parties. We may combine this information with information we have collected about you and use it for the purposes identified in the section below entitled “How we use your personal information”.
The remainder of this policy sets out in more detail how we collect, store and process your personal information.
The types of personal information we may collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you can vary depending on how you use our services and shop with us. Generally, the types of personal information we collect about you can include:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number including landline and/or mobile number
- Billing address and/or delivery address
- Financial and credit card information
- Photograph or image on video recordings
- If you leave us feedback or make a complaint your opinions expressed in these communications will also be stored and processed
If you register an online account with us we may also collect further personal information such as:
- Username information
- Password information (for the avoidance of doubt, this information is only kept for the purposes of allowing you to log onto your account and will be securely stored)
- Order history and “wish list” entries
- Your preferences o including shoe size
When you visit our Website we will automatically collect technical information including technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. We will also collect information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page,and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites or services that we or our group companies operate or provide. Where that is the case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share that data internally and combine it with data collected on this Website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
How we use your personal information
We will use the personal data you provide, including your address, email address and mobile phone number to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or the registration form) or contact us at
- FAO Legal Department,
1 Wheatfield Way,
0370 990 1603.
Furthermore, any marketing email we send you will contain a link allowing you to easily unsubscribe from the mailing list. Registered users can also manage the marketing communications received via their online account.
We will also use your personal data in order to:
- Carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us including to
- process your orders and payments and to deliver any goods you purchase from us to you
- process returns and exchanges
- dealing with, addressing and keeping a record of any complaints you have raised.
- contacting you about enquires you have made with us or feedback you have provided.
- where you enter a prize draw/competition, contacting you about that prize draw/competition.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- to store details about your registered account , order history and “wish list” information
- Improving and enhancing the goods and services we offer to our customers
- monitoring, evaluating and improving our Website performance and maintain the safety and security of our websites
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- conducting market research about our customers and their shopping habits and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising, any online marketing or of the Website itself .to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- Our website and personal data we collect is hosted by a third party company, Demandware of 5 Wall Street, Burlington, MA, 01803, USA. Demandware also carry out analytics in respect of your personal data on our behalf (including click-throughs on the platform) and provide the information arising from that analytics to us in aggregated form.
- Third party payment providers who process our e-payments]
- Our third party web developer for the purposes of providing support to us in respect of our Website.
- Our third party email service provider to send electronic marketing communications to you on our behalf.
- Agents, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We are a member of the Ombudsman Services consumer complaints procedure. If we have been unable to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction, you may contact Ombudsman Services (as set out in our terms and conditions). Where we are required to do so by the Ombudsman Services, we will provide information about your complaint to the Ombudsman.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller.
- Where we are otherwise legally required to do so (for example by any court of competent jurisdiction or any law enforcement agency with statutory authority)
How we store and process your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to our Website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources. Please check any such website’s policies before submitting any personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by following the guidance set out in the relevant parts of this policy or by contacting us via any of the below means.
By post: FAO Legal Department, Outersole House, 1 Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1YG
By telephone: 0370 990 1603
By email: email@example.com
You have the right, under the Act, to access the personal information we hold about you. Any such request for access must be complaint with the requirements of the Act and is subject to a £10 fee. We use this fee to meet our costs of providing you with details of the personal information we hold about you.