Trust Brantano with Growing Feet
Brantano are experts in kids’ fitting with professionally trained staff in every store nationwide. Recognised by the awarding body Edexcel and trained directly by top fitted brands such as Clarks, Hush Puppies and Start Rite. Before any of the team can be called “an expert fitter” they go through rigorous training followed by at least 25 supervised fits – ensuring that with Brantano children’s shoes will always be correctly fitted.
At Brantano, the fitting service is absolutely free and there is no pressure to purchase.
Stores are open until late and friendly staff are on hand to help, making it easy and convenient to pop in and check your children’s feet. If it’s time for a new pair of shoes,there is a wide range of the best brands so there are options to suit all budgets.
Getting fitted is quick and as easy as 1,2,3
We use a specially designed foot gauge to measure the length, width and depth of each foot
2. Try On
We find the correct fitting shoe from our wide selection
3. Take a Walk
The very best fit cannot be achieved without taking a few steps. Our thorough checks always ensure a comfortable fit.
Five Fascinating Feet Facts
Did you know?
• The human foot is one of the most complicated parts of the body – it has 33 joints, more than 100 tendons, ligaments and muscles
• There are 28 bones in each foot
• Children naturally hop, skip and jump more than adults and so their feet handle around three times more stress than the average adult foot
• You should never hand-down baby shoes from one child to another. Baby shoes (especially those made of leather) form to a child’s foot making it unique to them
• There are three arches to the feet, the inner one, the across the foot one and the arch formed on the outer border. They appear in variable formats when a child is around 2½ years old